Making a cake at home is a great way to impress your friends and family, or simply to enjoy a delicious and homemade treat. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can easily make a cake that tastes just as good as anything you would buy from a bakery.
Here is a basic recipe for a simple cake:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the wet ingredients alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
This is just a basic recipe, and there are many ways to customize it. You can add different flavors of extract, such as almond or lemon, or you can add chocolate chips, nuts, or dried fruit. You can also make a layer cake by baking the batter in two 9-inch round pans.
Learn more about our eggless cakes and vegan cakes at www.i-cakes.co.uk
Once you have mastered the basics, you can start experimenting with different recipes and techniques. With a little practice, you will be able to make cakes that are sure to impress everyone who tries them.
Tips for making a simple cake:
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before you start baking. This will help the cake to bake evenly.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Overmixing can make the cake tough.
- Be careful not to overbake the cake. An overbaked cake will be dry and crumbly.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting. This will help the frosting to adhere to the cake.
With these tips in mind, you are sure to make a delicious and simple cake that everyone will love.
Check out our website to order cakes for delivery, click and collect, or bespoke cake inquiries at www.i-cakes.co.uk!